May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Flu Bug

Well I guess it was bound to happen. We have dodged the "CRUD" bug here for as long as we could. This past week I started with a head cold that was really no big deal. By Tuesday night it was starting to be a big deal along with a tummy ache. I thought maybe I had too much meatloaf at dinner. Well that was not the case. I woke early Wednesday morning, around 2 AM with the worse stomach flu I have ever had in my entire life. In fact I really don't remember ever being this ill. I spent all of Wednesday in bed with a fever that reached 101.6 off the Motrin and then would hover at 100 on the Motrin. Most of the children I watched had already called in sick on Tuesday night with one thing or another too. Gary stayed home Wednesday to tend to Emily and well neither one of them minded spending an extra day in the middle of the week together. They really had a good time together playing outside most of the day so I could rest. Thank you Gary, these are the times I am reminded how much I really love you!!! My mother-n-law, Jean brought me some wonderful homemade chicken soup that I was able to enjoy late last night. Thanks mom, it was wonderful. I took today off to get a little more rest and to start the sanitizing process. I am also still enjoying that soup. I do still have a bit of a cold and headache, but no fever or stomach aches. I pray now that Gary and Emily do not get this crud bug!!

I hope everyone else is healthy and will stay healthy for the remainder of the winter. Days are getting longer and warmer it won't be long now!!

No comments: